Monday, October 18, 2010

Crock pot ...Changed our lives!

So we have been in the biggest food Rut known to man. I seems like we cook 5 nights a week and we cook the same 5 things and were going crazy! So....after hearing Julia tell me about all this stuff she makes in her crock pot...I decided to get one! I also got a big slow cooker cookbook!
Today was my first attempt to make something...I made us Turkey Chili! Guess what? It was awesome! It was great to actually eat something different too! Yay Crock Pot! Had to share...its the little things!

5 comments:

  1. One of our favorite crock pot recipes is salsa chicken! Ir is so good and so easy! 1 jr of pace medium salsa, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and 2 to 3 frozen chicken breast. Cook on low for 6 hours :) We like to shred it and put it in tortillas with cheese and sour cream, but it's good all by itself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny but I feel ya! I actually have 3 crock pots that were all given to me for christmas when I was 25 (no one knew what else to get me I guess)but I always forget to use them! Plus they make the whole house smell yummy! Let me know if you find any other good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that will be life-saver in a few weeks! I have a recipes I can share with you....maybe when we see you guys this weekend?!?!?

    Thanks again for calling to check on us on Sunday, you are too sweet! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the crock-pot - i have so many recipes for it! once drake comes, the crock-pot will become your best friend... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both of my crockpots! I have a large & small one. I use at least once a week - especially now that the weather is getting cooler you can make some awesome entree soups! Check my blog for some recipes! I also got the "Crock Pot" cookbook, from Rival (got it ar Borders), same company that makes crockpots, and they have GREAT recipes - all with pictures!!

    ReplyDelete